The Road Not Taken: A Pilgrim's Narrow Way


(Inspired by Robert Frost's Original Poem)


Two paths split in a golden wood one morn,

Regretful I could not tread both ways as one

Traveler; I lingered long, forlorn,

Peering down each till vision was undone


By tangled boughs. One broad, with merry throngs,

The other slim and wild, scarce worn by feet;

Though both seemed equal in their songs,

The narrow called with heaven’s mercy sweet.


Pondering how one choice begets the next,

I wondered if return might e’er be won.

Ages from now, in tales I’ll circumflex

That lesser path, by grace alone begun


The Savior’s trail through trials deep and vast.

What light it brought! My soul’s course recast

I took the road less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.


© 2025 Pastor Emmanuel Serto

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What If?

To Be or Not To Be: A Soul's Solemn Query

Epstein and the Weight of Witness